Wednesday, February 26, 2014

unexpected surprises

This week has been full of surprises, some good and some not so good. My time was spent crying from laughter and then crying without cause and unexpectedly. I was blessed by several God times in my week that lifted me up and made it so I was full of joy. Even in the times when I was randomly crying I felt at peace. I was astounded by how much peace God gave me through all that was happening. I know that in no way was I holding it together on my own, or any of the blessings that were given to me were earned by my doing. I have been overwhelmed by a God who loves me so much and I can't even fathom what life would be without Him.

Over this past weekend my mom had a migraine that caused a stroke or mimicked a stroke, I'm not sure we're positive about which it is. She passed out at work and was in the hospital from Saturday afternoon to Monday. I couldn't believe or even wrap my head around what had happened, and I was ready to completely fall apart. But God had a different plan, though all of what happened He gave me so much peace and before they knew what had fully happened He was  answering our prayers. God showed that He had everything in control and gave me a peace deep down that it would work out. Earlier on Saturday I definitely was not thinking that I was going to be sleeping in the hospital that night, yet there I was. And all around us we had people lifting my mom and I up and showing us that they were there for us. So much was happening at once there were times that I didn't even fully know what was going on, but the fact that there are no long term side effects for my mom is mind blowing. Just hearing that I knew that it was a total God thing.

So no matter what gets thrown at you whether good or bad lean on God and He will be everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment