Monday, October 27, 2014

because you are loved

I am loved.

Sometimes this is so hard for me to believe. I hear it, but it doesn't sink in to my heart. It is the one thing I want so deeply yet the one thing I constantly doubt. I mean is that weird for me to feel? Probably but that's where I'm at. Some days I feel like I never measure up and I feel extremely alone. I know it's not the truth but it's a daily battle for me to believe the truth. I have to make a constant decision to believe that I am loved. Some days it's harder than others and sometimes I'll go hours without remember the truth. I know that it is just the devil trying to get to me and once I let go of that I'm ok, and I keep going on with my day. I find myself reminding others how much they are loved and yet I struggle to remember it for myself. I hurt so deeply just crying out to know that I'm loved and to know that I am loved for myself and not for anything that isn't truly me.

Some days I cry at the thought of how God loves me completely. I have it written all over my room but yet I forget. We have a God who died to show us how much He wholeheartedly loves us. The thought of this completely blows my mind. God died to show someone like me that He will constantly love me. Me, the person who doubts daily that she is loved? God knew before I was born that I would need a constant reminder and yet He still loves me and never fails at putting things in my way to show me. There is never a day when God doesn't remind me how fully He loves me. Some days it's through the people I run into, others from the person speaking on stage, and others it's in the beauty that is all around me. I'll be driving and all the sudden I'll see the sunset that God painted just for us to enjoy that beauty. I'll be sitting there feeling all alone and someone walking by will stop to talk with me. I am blessed to be loved by a God who loves me enough to remind me daily (if not more) how very much He truly loves me. And that same love is for everyone. No matter how much you feel unworthy He will always still love you with a love that never fails and never stops. How different would we act if we remembered that every single day and acted like we truly believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment